Tree Fit Club
Why: Working with trees is a full body workout & working out in nature is fun!
What you will learn: That fitness through tree work related activities is equal parts challenge & reward.
- All classes are led by David Ricks & have an unknown student teacher ratio (this is a drop-in class)
- You will be climbing (legs, arms, core)
- You will be using a large cross cut saw (back, arms)
- You will be splitting wood with an axe and/or maul (back, arms, legs)
- You will be moving sleds filled with logs (legs)
- You will be flipping logs (back, legs)
When: Every Wednesday from 5pm to 7pm in Jan 2023
How To Sign Up: This is a drop-in class, feel free stop by unannounced any Wednesday between 5pm & 7pm!
Cost: This class is currently free.
Where: The Treeist Training Facility
- 607 N Carolina Hwy 54 West Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- This drop-in class is held OUTSIDE
What to Bring & Wear:
- Water & Snacks
- Closed toe shoes (ideally a hiking-type shoe that covers your ankle)
- Clothing that can move with you (fitness, yoga, hiking, workout, etc.)
Age & Ability Range:
- Classes designed for ages 17 and up
- Folks younger than 17 cannot attend
- We will be using climbing equipment, cutting & splitting tools (axes & mauls) & handling both large and small ropes
- We will be providing & using proper personal protective equipment
- All participants will be required to sign a physical copy of our Waiver prior to participating in Classes or Events.
All Classes are held at The Treeist Training Facility:
607 N Carolina Hwy 54 West
1/10 of a mile past the intersection of Hatch Rd and Hwy 54 in Chapel Hill.
Questions? Email David@TheTreeist.com for more information.